Benefits of Pre-Paid Funerals
- Knowing that your loved ones will be relieved of many burdensome decisions at one of the most difficult times of their lives.
- Husband and wife pre-planning together avoids the 'at need' confusion of well meaning relatives.
- Avoids the need for your family to make many decisions in a very short time.
- Provides time for the family to think and reconsider, if necessary.
- Knowing that the funeral will reflect your expressed wishes.
- Arranging your own service ensures that it is conducted as you wish, not as others wish.
- Planning for the inevitable is logical and right; it just makes good sense.
- Assures an appropriate service, eliminating concern about the family getting 'carried away' because of grief, exhaustion, sorrow, confusion or guilt.
- Knowing that the funeral will not be a financial burden on your family.
- Protects against inflation by 'freezing the price'.
- Protects your pension, as the amount paid is not considered part of your assets.
- Making an outlay for funeral expenses at a time when it's more affordable.
- Life insurance can be used for family expenses, as it should be.
- Monies paid are no longer part of your estate and therefore not subject to administration expenses.
Who should know about the plan
Some people may feel comfortable discussing their funeral plans with a spouse, adult children or another member of the family. Others, however, may prefer to make arrangements directly with Collier Trenerry in complete confidence. We would strongly advise that, if the immediate family is not informed, a trusted friend, solicitor or executor be notified when a plan is purchased